Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wonderful Feedback

From Jan:
I am so touched by reader reviews and reader comments I have been getting from my book, like one from "Cathy B":

"I bought this book for my Kindle yesterday afternoon and stayed up reading until I'd finished it. By the time I was done I felt like I knew all the people Jan met during her stay in assisted living and was as attached to them as she obviously is (and they to her). I am hoping that one day soon she will write a follow-up book so I can find out how all of "my" new friends are doing. After reading this book, I realized that even at 80 or 90 life is what you make of it. Like any other time of life, there are joys and sorrows, smiles and tears. AND there are "kooks" in every age group, LOL. Please, Jan, don't make me wait too long for an update. And give "Ed" and the others a hug from me."

And I was very moved by this comment from Annie:

"I finished the book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were just wonderful, and the stories so funny and touching. I felt I knew these people and was sorry for the book to end. I actually put off finishing it, so I'd have it to look forward to. I only do that with books that are special to me--and this one certainly was.

Jan, you'll be in my thoughts from now on. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It just made my week in so many ways! I lost my mom last February. She was 86 and I miss her so much, I can't tell you. I remembered so much of her last years due to this book, and in a good way. She was never in a home, but at one point after my dad died, she wanted to. Your book also allowed me to imagine the life she really wanted in her last 7 years and to let go of being angry at family members who stood in the way of that happening. She'd have loved having women and men around to do things with. She'd have fit in quite well with you and your gang. My best to you all, and I will be thinking of you."

Thank you so much Cathy and Annie!

No comments:

Post a Comment